St. Paul's Lutheran School is committed to sharing Christ's love and providing an environment and opportunity for students to develop their God-given potential: spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally and socially.
It is our goal to conduct programs and classes that follow our vision statement:
Developing Caring Servant Leaders.
- Established in 1849 at the intersection of Ballas and Manchester Road in Des Peres
- Kindergarten classes added in 1959, full-day kindergarten began in 1999, now both full and half-day kindergarten options
- Pre-school through Grade 2 classes moved to new South Campus building in 2001
- The School is a charter member of LESA, the St. Louis Lutheran Elementary School Association
- Accredited through National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) and the Missouri Chapter of the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Association
- 16 full-time teachers and 2 part-time teachers
- 65% of the faculty have pursued and obtained their Master's Degree
- A majority of our faculty are Commissioned ministers of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Student Profile and Class Size
- 215 students - 85% are members of St. Paul's Lutheran Church.
- Students attend from 17 St. Louis area public school districts.
- Average 18 students per homeroom teacher
- Teacher aides are available when class sizes warrant (per policy).
Subjects of study include reading and literature, mathematics, science, religion, social studies, history, art, computer, music, health, physical education, language arts, and foreign language (Spanish 1-4, Latin 7-8).
St. Paul's curriculum was developed using Integrating the Faith, LCMS, Parkway School District, Missouri Show-Me Standards and the Lutheran Elementary Schools Association curriculum guides. Curriculum strands are reviewed and revised often.
Technology and Balanced Literacy have been a recent focus on new curriculum.
Our students routinely score 20-30 percentage points above national
average scores. For more complete test score reporting, click here: Test Scores
- Daily religious instruction in the Lutheran Christian faith
- Weekly chapel services - guest speakers, class-led chapels, student leadership as assistants
- Special curriculum instructors in art, music, physical education, and computer
- Interscholastic athletics in Grades 5-8, Lutheran Elementary School Athletic Association
- Before and after school care (B.A.S.C. sponsored by our Early Childhood Center) for our South Campus/ Homework Program at North Campus
- Instrumental band and choir programs (string and piano instruction also offered)
- Middle school program with departmental instruction, modified block schedule, mini-courses and electives
- Gr. 3-8 located at the north campus (NC) and K-2 at the south campus (SC)
- Hot lunch program
- Bus options for families
- Computer labs at both north and south Campuses
- Scouting at various ages and levels
- Student Council for grades 3-8
- Parent Teacher League (P.T.L.) and other options for parent involvement
- Servant Projects and opportunities
- Bible-based relationship curriculum
- Leveled Reading approach in grades K-3
- Upgraded Technology (All Classrooms have SMARTBoards.)